All donations go 100% to the OPALGA+ Scholarship Fund.
OPALGA+ (Oak Park Area Lesbian and Gay Association Plus) is a 501.(c).(3) Public Charity Organization. Charitable gifts are deductible to the maximum extent allowed by law. OPALGA+ is a 100% volunteer organization with no employees and no physical office so our operating costs are very low. We receive no federal or state funding and rely exclusively on local support from our donors and sponsors. We are proud to be a Candid Gold Transparency 2024 organization.
Don’t use PayPal? We accept checks made payable to OPALGA+ and cash at any event. Mail your check to:
PO Box 1460
Oak Park, IL 60304
Other things you can do to help us:
- Check to see if your employer matches non-profit gifts
- Consider naming OPALGA+ in your will
- Set up a recurring monthly small donation
- Donating appreciated assets will allow you to avoid capital gains tax and often get a full tax deduction for the value of your gift.
- Making donations directly from your IRA will reduce your taxable income and can help meet your required minimum distribution. Plus, the gift is tax deductible!